Dolma


















I am 24 years old and from the U-Tsang region in central Tibet. I escaped to India in 1999 with a guide and 20 strangers. The only people I knew in my group were my sister and two nuns who had been in jail for many years as political prisoners. There were many children in our group. The youngest child was 6 years old. We walked for 3 weeks through the Himalayas before we finally crossed the border in secret. The journey was expensive and dangerous. I came to India for an eduction. In Tibet, Chinese school fees were very high and the schools were not good. I wanted to learn about the world and the real history of Tibet. In Dharamsala I have had the phenomenal opportunity to study. I have realized that without education one's brain is like a bird without wings. Life is full of ups, downs and challenges that education helps me overcome.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY PHOTOS